Planner / Buyer
Here at Thorlux Lighting we are looking to expand our team with a dedicated Planner / Buyer who has an experienced and varied background within Purchasing and is looking to further strengthen and develop their skills. You will be required to schedule, control and purchase bought out items to meet customer and manufacturing order requirements. To set up and maintain the bought-out planning information on M3.
- Use MRP to schedule, control and purchase bought-out items to meet internal/external customer and manufacturing order requirements.
- Liaise with suppliers and Internal Departments to ensure material is acquired to meet production requirements.
- Prepare Purchase Orders / Schedules.
- Advise Management of potential production shortages and problems. Proactively expedite items and propose/implement alternative solutions when necessary to meet customer demand.
- Coordinate the implementation of Modification Notes related to your respective parts. Optimise the phase in and phase out process ensuring an absolute minimum in obsolete parts.
- Work with suppliers to reduce costs and improve delivery/quality performance.
- Work with Stores / Quality / suppliers to effectively disposition and process non-conforming parts.
- Maintain bought-out material planning data, including costs, for the assigned product groups.
- Continually optimise bought-out item raw material and purchased component stock levels to maximize product availability and minimize cost.
- Co-ordinate sub-contract manufacture with Stores, Production Control and suppliers.
- Advise on component lead times and availability for current orders / new enquiries.
- Manage slow moving / obsolete stock in accordance with Company policies.
- Ensure observance of Company policies and standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade C or above in Maths and English.
- IT literate.
- Ability to work accurately, prioritise and remain calm under pressure.
- A strong team player.
- Experience in a Materials / Purchasing environment is essential along with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role.
We offer an excellent range of benefits to include Pension, Company Bonus (after qualifying period) and 25 days flexible holiday in addition to statutory Bank Holidays. Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development exist at Thorlux Lighting. For further details please contact Cathy Armstrong on 01527 583200 or e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.