Electronic Cell Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Electronics Cell Manager will be required to manage the team and report daily on the status of production, identifying current and future capacity requirements. You will review technical issues and ascertain proactive long term solutions, while conducting problem solving exercises to improve key metrics.
You will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of the entire SMT manufacturing process to ensure goods and services are produced efficiently with a high level of quality.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct team briefs.
- Planning workloads through various SMT lines.
- Control of maintenance and machine data records.
- To Train, guide, coach and counsel all departmental staff to achieve optimum performance
- I Pulse M20 & S10 Pick and place machine (Yamaha Pick and Place machines).
- AOI & Reflow ovens Advanced programming and operations.
- Stencil printing of solder paste onto boards.
- Programming of new jobs using drawings, BOM’s etc. from customers.
- Rework of SMT components.
- Picking Kits using Bill of Materials.
- Prototype builds.
- Profiling re-flow oven (BTU).
- Customer Liaison.
- Continuous Improvements.
- To program and operate the AOI machine at both the machine and offline station.
- Understand and interpret information on drawings and bills of materials.
- Continually examine all processes and materials with a view to offering improved product and reduced departmental costs. Ensure that all required personnel documentation is current and up to date with reference to: training records, probationary progress, absence statements, return to work interviews and holiday entitlement.
- Be fully competent in the use of M3 in order to carry out stock transactions and physical inventories and to ensure that all departmental components, WIP and consumables are identified, controlled and accurate.
- Ensures adherence to company rules, policies, and procedures and encourages a positive “lead by example” approach to Health and Safety requirements.
- Encourage participation from the team to solve problems and instigate new production techniques. Promote good morale and be consistent when dealing with personnel issues.
- Required to maximise departmental out-put through planning, organising and developing a well-trained, positive Team and planned preventative maintenance schedules in conjunction with the Production Engineering Department.
Minimum 10 years’ experience is required, working within a previous Management position within the SMT/PCB process facility.
- Must have a minimum of 6 years previous experience of FMEA, within a PCB populating process.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience for the financial accountability of the department to include labour costs, materials, scrap analysis and reporting.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of preparing SOP’s.
- Must possess a strong awareness of the Lean / Six Sigma techniques, along with demonstrable achievements within process, FRT or waste reduction.
- You must have the ability and confidence to prepare statistical data and present to Director level.
- You must have the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, senior managers and clients.
- You must be proficient user of Microsoft Word and Excel to perform critical and constructive team appraisals.
- Must have IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, IPC711/7721 Rework, Repair and Modification of Electronic Assemblies and IPC-A-610E Common Inspection Errors of Electronic experience and qualifications.
We offer an excellent range of benefits to include Pension, Company Bonus (after qualifying period) and 25 days flexible holiday in addition to statutory Bank Holidays, excellent opportunities for personal and professional development exist here at Thorlux Lighting.