Thorlux employs approximately 400 people in its modern manufacturing facility in the Moons Moat area of Redditch, Worcestershire.
We have excellent facilities including robotic wiring machine, fully automated punch and bend sheet metal line and in house powder coating. We have a long history and we genuinely care about our employees.
Mechanical Design Engineer
To satisfy demand for new and existing product development, Thorlux Lighting is looking for a talented, mechanical design engineer to join our team and support our continual programme of new product design.
The successful candidate will be an experienced mechanical design engineer with 2D/3D CAD skills (ideally AutoCAD & Inventor) and be generally computer literate.
You will have flair for detail design and an understanding of engineering practices. Previous experience in the lighting industry is not essential.
Knowledge of the following would be an advantage:
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Injection moulding techniques
- Casting design (aluminium)
- Aluminium & plastic extrusion design
General Manager (Australia)
Thorlux Lighting, a dynamic, UK lighting manufacturer are seeking to appoint a General Manager for their Australia operation to build upon their existing presence and success in the region.
Thorlux is globally recognised and provides a comprehensive range of innovative, professional lighting and control systems for a wide variety of interior and exterior applications.
This is a unique opportunity to join an entrepreneurial business in a new period of strategic growth within the region.
We are looking to engage with applicants who fulfil the following criteria:-
- Must be based near Sydney and be willing to spend some time travelling across Australia to support the sales team
- At least 5 Senior sales management experience ideally technical lighting or building services
- A demonstrable track record of success within the Australasia region
- A background supporting and developing sales agency partners
- Experience growing and managing a regionally dispersed sales team
- Structural leadership skills in both sales and technical support activities
- Specification experience and existing relationships with designers, specifiers and architects
- Knowledge of opportunities to target and develop new customers, channels and markets
- A true business leader possessing exceptional analytical, presentation and sales skill
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the above positions you have three options:
- Contact Julie Laman (Group Personnel Manager) on 01527 583200 for an application form
- Complete the Microsoft Word version of the application form on your computer and return by e-mail to email@example.com
- Print off and fill out the PDF version using a blue or black pen and return by post to the below address
Julie Laman (Group Personnel Manager)
North Moons Moat
You may include a CV if you wish but only submissions including the F.W. Thorpe Plc application form can be accepted.
(Need help? Please view the instructions for completing in Word Version)