Thorlux employs approximately 330 people in its modern manufacturing facility in the Moons Moat area of Redditch, Worcestershire.
We have excellent facilities including robotic wiring machine, fully automated punch and bend sheet metal line and in house powder coating. We have a long history and we genuinely care about our employees.
Lighting Design Engineer (Light planner)
As a result of our continuing growth a vacancy has arisen in our Lighting Design Department for an experienced Light planner.
The successful candidate will have experience in light planning for both internal and external applications. You will actively support our sales engineers in a technical capacity in the field, attending design/concept meetings with clients to help interpret their needs and design aspirations. This may include assistance in the design and application of bespoke luminaires where required. You will be expected to co-ordinate projects from conception through to order stage and assist with any after sales care.
A commitment to deliver a high class and reliable service is paramount.
- 5 GCSE’s at C grade or above which includes Maths and English
- Completed the LIF certificate course and preferably, although not essential, passed two of the advanced modules.
- Has a minimum of 5 years lighting design experience.
- Has an in-depth knowledge with either DIALux or Relux.
- Has experience with AutoCAD.
Sales Engineer for Germany
To strengthen our sales team in Germany we are looking for a dedicated employee in the postcode area 7.
- Development, implementation and execution of our marketing and sales strategy
- Working closely with electrical wholesalers, installers, designers and architects
- Independent editing and support with projects
- To conduct product presentations and training
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in sales of technical products
- High degree of self-motivation, independence and willingness to travel
- Determined and success orientated
- High communication skills and poise
- Experience in electrical and lighting engineering and fluency in English are highly advantageous
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the above positions you have three options:
- Contact Julie Laman (Group Personnel Manager) on 01527 583200 for an application form
- Complete the Microsoft Word version of the application form on your computer and return by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print off and fill out the PDF version using a blue or black pen and return by post to the below address
Julie Laman (Group Personnel Manager)
North Moons Moat
You may include a CV if you wish but only submissions including the F.W. Thorpe Plc application form can be accepted.
(Need help? Please view the instructions for completing in Word Version)