Thorlux employs approximately 400 people in its modern manufacturing facility in the Moons Moat area of Redditch, Worcestershire.
We have excellent facilities including robotic wiring machine, fully automated punch and bend sheet metal line and in house powder coating. We have a long history and we genuinely care about our employees.
Trainee Lighting Sales Engineer
Thorlux Lighting is seeking a Trainee Lighting Sales Engineer to work closely with our Regional Sales Manager in the South East of England covering south London, Surrey, Kent and East Sussex. The candidate will be offered comprehensive training at our factory and head office in Redditch, and then ‘on the job training’ with the Regional Sales Manager. At first he/she will accompany the Regional Sales Manager on visits to customers and then will be encouraged to work more independently. They will be calling on M&E Consulting Engineers, local authorities and end users to generate specifications for Thorlux Lighting products. The candidate will be working from a home office and a company car, laptop and mobile will be provided. The candidate must live within the geographical area mentioned above.
Ideally the candidate will be qualified in an electrical / engineering discipline and possess the personal attributes to become a successful Sales Engineer. A desire to succeed in a competitive sales environment is essential together with a high degree of self-motivation, independence and willingness to travel.
We currently have 27 Sales Engineers working for us across the UK with many of them completing more than 20 years’ service. Thorlux can provide a stable and exciting career for the right candidate.
Product Management Department Trainee Lighting Design Engineer
As a result of our continuing growth a vacancy has arisen in our Product Management Department for a Trainee Lighting Design Engineer. We are now looking for an individual who has attained GCSE’s (or equivalent) in Maths and English at grade C or above, plus 3 other subjects. The ideal candidate will be trained to undertake lighting designs for both internal and external applications. The role will require some time to be spent on site assisting with surveys. A commitment to deliver a high class and reliable service is paramount.
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent), which must include maths and English.
- Be familiar with MS Office – Word & Excel in particular.
- Competent in writing clear, well presented reports and some experience in dealing with customers.
Qualities & Skills:
- A commitment to deliver a high class and reliable service is paramount. The role involves working to deadlines within a busy customer focussed team.
- Attention to detail and a methodical, thorough approach to work are essential qualities.
How to Apply
If you are interested in any of the above positions you have three options:
- Contact Julie Laman (Group Personnel Manager) on 01527 583200 for an application form
- Complete the Microsoft Word version of the application form on your computer and return by e-mail to email@example.com
- Print off and fill out the PDF version using a blue or black pen and return by post to the below address
Julie Laman (Group Personnel Manager)
North Moons Moat
You may include a CV if you wish but only submissions including the F.W. Thorpe Plc application form can be accepted.
(Need help? Please view the instructions for completing in Word Version)